First off, let's start by saying that we love Windows 10. It's a great operating system. It however has gotten a lot of bad press since its launch due to reporting information back to Microsoft's servers. There are things you can do to prevent access to these servers but they can get a little technical for the average user. Fortunatly, Safer-Networking, Ltd, makers of SpyBot, have come out with a simple solution Spybot Anti-Beacon.
- Telemetry Hosts
- Telemtry Services
- Telemetry Group Policy
- Consumer Experience Improvement Program Group Policy
- Consumer Experience Improvement Program Scheduled Tasks
- Application Impact Telemetry Group Policy
- Steps recorder Group Policy
- Apps use advertising ID
- P2P Windows Updates outside local network
- WiFi Sense (HotSpot Sharing) Group Policy
- Cortana Group Policy
- and more
You can get the standalone (no install needed) file at Spybot's forums or by clicking the button below.
Special thanks to Jerry "Barnacules" Berg for his helpful tips on Windows 10 privacy solutions and sharing the link for this program.